It is January 1st, and most of us begin the New Year with a resolution to live a healthier, more balanced life. The planet is experiencing many shifts and rapid energetic changes. Use these Ayurvedic tips to cleanse the body, to prepare the mind, and activate the next phase of spiritual expansion.
1. Jump start the new year by receiving a One hour massage. Use nice warm oils and let them soak in. It will melt tension and help to reconnect with our bodies. This helps to ground us into the earth.
2. Take Two teaspoons of Castor Oil at night time. Castor oil has a laxative effect. This mild dosage can help anyone to clean out their bowels. Be sure to do this when you will be at home near a bathroom. Cleaning toxins form the intestines help us to feel lighter.
3. Think of Three people to forgive at the start of this year. In order for spiritual growth, we must let go of past hurts and blame. Our emotional baggage will feel so much lighter, once we truly forgive and forget.
4. Use these Four classic Ayurvedic spices in your meals: Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander and Fennel. These spices will not only enhance the flavor of your foods, but work medicinally to improve digestive function, and burn off toxic ama.
5. Make space to honor all Five elements in your home. Start by cleaning out the clutter. Then place symbols of Air (NW), Fire (SE), Water (NE), and Earth (SW) in the directional corners. When our environment is clear of junk, then we can feel the Ether element, in the sacred center space of our home.
6. Wake before Six am, right before sunrise. Take advantage of this early morning time to practice a few rounds of Sun Salutation. This yoga series will stimulate the immune, endocrine and circulatory systems, and flush out toxins.
7. Do a simple meditation focusing on the Seven main Chakras. Breathing into these powerful centers, along with visualization and color association, will unblock energetic stagnation.
8. Drink Eight glasses of water – If your body can handle 8 hours of gentle fasting, try and only sip on hot water with freshly grated ginger, lemon, and a little raw honey. This will clean out the lymphatic accumulation.
9. Honor the Nine Vedic Planets with reverence and Mantra (Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu). These energetic forces affect our life and choices.
10. In accordance with many great spiritual traditions, try to donate up to 10% of profits to charities of your choice. Even ten minutes of “Seva” or selfless service is an option. This activates the universal laws of giving and receiving.
May 2010 bring us all health, happiness, peace and prosperity!
For Ayurvedic Consultations, Herbs, and Ayurvedic Spa Treatments, please contact:
Authentic Ayurveda of Sedona